Tuesday 2 October 2012

Marathon Moronity

With half a week to go till the Chester marathon I'm not feeling confident at all. Training hasn't gone well and I haven't stuck to my plan. I'm realising just how stupid it was to think 3 weeks would be long enough to train. 
 
Training runs haven't been bad, they've just not been good. I've felt fine out on runs and my fitness is definitely improving, just not quickly enough. I can happily run 8 and a half minute miles for 10 miles or so and still feel fine. The problem is I've got nowhere near the full 26.2 miles. The longest run I've done is just shy of 2 hours. My goal is to finish in under 4 hours but, seeing as I've only trained for half that, it's looking less and less likely. I'm having to shift my hopes from a sub 4 hour marathon to just getting round the thing. One thing I know is that I'm going to complete it even if I have to walk (barring serious injury or death)!

So what have I been doing with all the time I'd planned to be training? Well, I've started back at uni determined to finish my final year with a good degree. I've been drinking through freshers, completely unhelpful when it comes to training. I've got lost in FIFA 13 and I've logged into my twitter account for the first time since I created it. I thought I'd use twitter in a similar way to my blog and upload smaller posts on there to keep me motivated 24-7. So if any of you are on twitter add me cause I currently have a grand total of 0 followers. Search for me... Ed Brindley @TriOnTheCheap

2 comments:

  1. It's not like you to leave it til the last minute?
    Hope you get round anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exaclty like me to leave it to the last minute! I'll get round though... eventually.

      Delete