Sunday 16 September 2012

Post Race Thoughts

Well... in the end all the stressing was unecessary. I went out and bought some tri shorts (more on this to come), my knee didn't hurt when I woke up and all went smoothly. In the end I swam, cycled and ran round the Derby triathlon in 1:16:39, not the fastest time but a good 8:37 quicker than last time, therefore my new PB.
This triathlon lark is easy... erm
So yeah I'm pleased. My swim was slower than last time but seeing as I've not swam for two weeks I'm pretty happy. T1 still took forever but the bike was quicker (the route being 2km shorter than last time helped), T2 was okay and my run was slightly quicker. I even cracked out a sprint finish which absolutley destroyed me (see picture). I practiced transition but my times are still really slow. A lot more practice is needed but if anyone has any suggestions all comments would be appreciated! I'm considering buying some quick tie laces. I reckon transition could be the place where budget buys could help make the same kind of time difference expensive aerodynamic bike stuff would. But all in all a good day with some great support from my Mum, Steve, Dad, Mel, Jo, Alistair, Max, George and even Ted the dog to cheer me on. Cheers guys.
Taking a day in transition

3 comments:

  1. For anyone sad enough to be interested in my splits I'll update the race results section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well and sure to get better. Start saving up for that Planet X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dad. Just found a nice one online for only £2400. That's only a years earnings for me!

      Delete