Wednesday 29 August 2012

Motivation

Since starting this blog I've started training more. That was one of the main reasons for starting it and it's worked, so I'm happy. I've been looking a loads of stuff online and that's motivated me too. Also I've started logging all my workouts and what I've eaten on map my run and it's been encouraging and also enlightening about the food I eat. If anyone else is on map my run and wants to add me it's ebrindley1 I've only got 1 friend so far :(. But one of the biggest motivations has been from that 1 friend, my girlfriend. Because it's summer which means it's hard for me to train consistently. This is because I've been spending my time between Derby (home), Chester (uni) and Southport (where my girlfriend, Alice, lives). All have their own benefits. My bikes in Derby so I can ride there, but not at the other two. The pool at uni in Chester is free and right by my house, in Derby or Southport I have to pay and travel. Until now in Southport I had no idea where to run or swim. Now that's changed. 

Alice's mum, Sheila, is trying to lose some weight before an operation so she's been swimming with a friend of hers every other day. While I'm in Southport me and my girlfriend have been tagging along. For me that means swim training every other day, so looking good thanks Sheila. Even better than that Alice has started running. Since we started going out she's come swimming with me but always said she'd never go running with me. Happily that's changed and now we're doing a gentle couple of miles every evening. This makes for a nice easy run for me and I love that we now have a hobby in common. One final great thing for me about training in a new place is that, being from Derby, normally the seaside is hours away. But now I can get up in the morning and go for a nice long run across the beach just staring out at the sea. That sight, along with the latest improvements generally, is all the motivation I need and now I'm determined to smash my time in my next triathlon and, somehow, complete my marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment