Sunday 26 August 2012

The World Wide Web

My latest top tip is make the most of the internet. Much to the annoyance of my girlfriend I regulalry spend my free time scouring the internet for useful sites. Some sites offer useful tools to help with training. For example I often use mapmyrun.com or mapmyride.com to work out the distances of my training runs and rides so that I can make the distances specific to my event and the type of training I'm looking for. Even googlemaps can be helpful to plan out a new route when your bored of the same old training rides.

I also like to enter competitions online, cause there's nothing like winning free stuff! Sadly I haven't won any competitions yet but sites like 220triathlon.com regularly have giveaways that are free to enter and sometimes the prizes are more than half decent. The great thing about the web is that there's hundreds if not thousands more sites out there just as good as these if not better. Here's where you can help. I've just added a new page to my blog called links. I've put a few sites up already but would love to know what sites people out there use and why they're so helpful. Whether it's useful for training, has competitions, interesting tri reading or your own blog full of motivating stories and top tips I wanna see it. So leave me a comment with a link to the site and I'll add all the best ones to my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment