Thursday 23 August 2012

Budget Buys - Can't Swim Ride Run

With my extremely limited funds I've not purchased any expensive tri equipment except my bike. I have bought a few things I've found for quite cheap though. One of those things was Andy Holgate's book, Can't Swim Ride Run. I found it in a sale for a few quid and thought why not? It turned out to be a brilliant purchase. It's an autobiographical story of how an overweight, middle-aged man finds triathlon and becomes an ironman. I really enjoyed the book and it helped motivate me to train. All the way through I found myself thinking well if he can do it, I can! I'd definitley recommend it and here's a link to amazon for anyone that's interested...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cant-Swim-Ride-Run-Triathlon/dp/1848187432/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345654485&sr=8-1



Rating: 4/5

Cost: £9

ETS: N/A

Value: N/A





I'm sure I got it for less but that's the current amazon price and, whilst it might not have directly saved me time in a race, it motivated me to get out there and start training.

No comments:

Post a Comment