Tuesday 27 November 2012

End of Season

Nights come early, the weathers cold and winters here. It's the end of the triathlon season. At the end of the year I'll probably reflect on how it all went. But for now, here's a quick summary of how I think my first season in triathlon has gone.


I've fallen for triathlon. I loved competing, I loved the challenge and I love that I can't wait to do another.

I've got fitter. So I'm probably shocking at football now but at least I know I can run for 90 minutes.

I've got quicker. I improved times between races, something I'm very happy about.

I've completed a marathon. The hardest thing I've ever done.

I've pushed myself. I don't know if it's self-hatred but I'm unhappy when I dont push myself. Now I'm happy.

I've really pushed myself. Even in the marathon I managed a sprint finish. That's why I look like this every time...


As the days grow shorter, the days grow shorter. I never have any time to do anything at the minute, including training. Uni work and my dissertation (if you want to be a participant let me know) takes up all my time! But I have plans for winter training, so, more on this to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment